Extraterrestrial existance | Teen Ink

Extraterrestrial existance

March 5, 2011
By sierra121314 BRONZE, Washoe Valley, Nevada
sierra121314 BRONZE, Washoe Valley, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Universe consists of an unimaginable number of solar systems, stars, and planets. No can really define how big or far the Universe stretches. From eye-witness accounts to government conspiracies, life on other planets, UFOs or aliens are controversial from a religious standpoint and moral aspects. Many have stated that life on other planets is indubitable; and who is to be so ignorant to believe we are alone in these cosmos? With the help of ingenious science, life in the universe has been proved and can now be further researched.

June 14th, 1947, Mac Brazel is working on his farm and sees in the distance a bit of shiny debris. Thinking nothing of it, he gathers the debris with his daughter. The following day a few citizens of Roswell mention the spotting of a flying disk. Brazel mentions it to the sheriff and the local air force comes and takes it back to the base. Soon after the discovery, Brazel was brought into the air base and interrogated for several days. He spoke nothing of the incident and took it to his grave. After pictures had been released, the government announced a “weather balloon” had crashed but this story had conflicted with eyewitness accounts. Several of these witnesses had been threatened, which makes the everyday wonderer question ‘If it was only a “weather balloon”, why would they make such a big fuss about it?’

Recently the Kepler planet hunter has discovered 1200 new potential Earth-like planets. 54 of the planets are in the “habitable zones” meaning the are not too far or close from their sun and can sustain liquid water. With water comes life forms; ? of earth is covered in water and the human body consists of 75% of the life support we call water. Although we cannot be sure that life on other planets for sure need H2O, but we do know water is required for most life on Earth. Bacteria of different sorts can survive in even the most intense environments. Eukaryotes are organized based on the which extreme environments they thrive: Hypothermophiles (80-122* C) which live in high temperatures like the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park, Psychrophile (-15* C)that live in permafrost, and Radioresistant which can stand high levels of nuclear and ultraviolet radiation. Remarkably, life in any form can prosper in even the utmost environments.

Secrets are made for a reason but why deny the evident? Governments might want to keep extra-terrestrial life a secret in order to keep order and calm. They might keep quiet about it so humanity itself does not figure out what they are doing to prevent aliens or what they are doing to research them. The means behind this cover-up could be related to national security or advancements in technology that the government wants to keep confidential from opposing governments. This just gives the people of the world a reason to explore with their own means.

"I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, "Have you ever seen anything like that?" He was shocked and he said, "Nope." And I said to him: "Let's follow it!"We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it." -Former President Ronald Reagan.


Galaxies, clusters, stars, and black holes add up into the curiosity of the small matter we call the human being. Because the government hides most evidence toward the existence of extraterrestrials, we must rely on eye-witness accounts and with our own understanding. Lies cannot stop the call of scientific research and the natural urge of knowledge and learning. The reason for man is to explore, to research, to find reason. Who is to say aliens aren’t walking besides us in the every day life? The time for answers within the universe is only just the start.
http://www.nasa.gov/audience/foreducators/5-8/features/F_How_Big_is_Our_Universe.html
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2011/02/kepler-discovers-five-new-earth-like.html
http://www.roswellfiles.com/story.htm
http://www.squidoo.com/ufo-coverups
http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc1472.htm
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/science/03planet.html
http://worldofcontroversies.wordpress.com/category/ufo-controversies/
http://www.universetoday.com/33150/life-on-other-planets/