We Are The Future | Teen Ink

We Are The Future

By Anyalisse PLATINUM, Gering, Nebraska
Anyalisse PLATINUM, Gering, Nebraska

I hear so many people telling me that I am the future and I need to do something great and change the world, but how can I? I'm just one person. I look around this world and I see the supports cracking and it's almost as if the sky really is falling. The ground is crumbling beneath us and we refuse to see it. We just want to live out our own dreams and not care about anyone else. Like they say: “Nice guys finish last”.
Sure we need to try and stay kids as long as possible and keep our imaginative minds, but we still need to look toward the future. Because we, as kids, are the future. The decisions we make now shape who we are going to be in the future and that is going to shape how the world is going to be.
Instead of looking toward ourselves we need to take off the blinders that life has made us wear and wake up to everything going on around us. There is so much more to life than what we see on the surface.
Great people never do things by themselves. They always have help along the way. Who is going to be that great person out of our generation and who is going to help them carve their path through the thick overgrown jungle? Who is going to help them stand back up when they have fallen? If we refuse to acknowledge other people and see past the surface, into their own problems then, no one.
Unless we, as the future adults of this world, take a stand now before we buckle and simply accept all of the rules and regulations that don't make any sense and allow the world to keep falling apart. We need to see the unseen.
Open your eyes and look around. Take a stand. Stop rebelling against your parents and focus on the events taking place in this world. If everyone did a little something to help change the world it will change. It'll take time. Centuries even. Great change doesn't happen without shocking events that inspire people to move toward that change. So, how are we going to inspire people?
Make a decision. Stand, or kneel. Fight or flee. Open your eyes or remain blind.
Either way remember, we are the future and it's up to us to change the world.

kitty said...
on Mar. 14 2017 at 9:20 am
hemin628@126.com