Adrenaline Fuels Colton | Teen Ink

Adrenaline Fuels Colton

January 17, 2011
By D Land BRONZE, Greenfield, Wisconsin
D Land BRONZE, Greenfield, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Not many people have what It takes to play the sport of hockey. Technical, fast, and physical. Crazy fans, crazy parents, and crazy fights are abundant in every rink throughout the state of Wisconsin; therefore, it takes a special type of player with persistence and dedication to stick with it for over ten years and counting. Colton is that type of person. Beginning as a toddler in the In-House Hockey Program, Colton began to discover his niche in hockey.

"The adrenaline rush you get, knowing every time you step out on that ice you’re going to get hit and possibly hurt. You can't beat the thrill."

Colton explains that injuries are very much apart of the game. His worst injury was separating his left shoulder.

"It was definitely a setback, but in the end it just makes you stronger as a hockey player and a person."

Through adversity Colton has become a special hockey player. Modeling his game after Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sydney Crosby, Colton has racked up honors and achievements he can be proud of.

"Winning the State Championship in 2009 was surreal. Also playing in the 8th grade National Championship with my AAA team was phenomenal."

Colton has achieved many individual honors as well including Honorable Mention All Conference as a Junior.

As Colton puts a close on his final season of hockey he spends time to reflect on the sport of hockey.

"The friends you make in the sport of hockey are what make it memorable. You'll never forget arguing with your teammates like family or spending time together on road trips. The fact that you're in the sport and still playing puts you in a unique group of guys."

There is no question that it takes a different type of person to put up with the intensity that associates itself with the sport of hockey. However, Colton has found himself through both the sport and his teammates. This, he says,

"...has given me the motivation to succeed in life outside of hockey."