Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By John Orgas SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
John Orgas SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Guitar Center
17135 W. Bluemound Road
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53005

Dear Guitar Center,

I’ve visited your store often and one of the things that always bugs me is the nice guitars are all the way up the wall on the racks. Those guitars should be played not just looked at.

Over the summer I came in looking to buy a new seven string guitar, but the only one I could get a hold of I didn’t like. There was one way up at the top, but I couldn’t get to it and no one came around to ask if I needed any help with anything until I was getting ready to leave. I waited for a half hour for someone to come to me because every time I was going to ask for help, they had a customer. Some of them even walked right past me to help someone else. I ended up not buying a new guitar because I get a chance to play it and look at it. Now something that you might say is that we might break the guitar, but that’s why there is an employee walking around making sure that nothing bad happens. Something else that you might say would happen is that they might get worn out, but if you bring them down and circulate them they will most likely either be bought or put back up before they start getting worn. And that isn’t the only time it was happened, and that’s not the first time it’s happened to me. Someone should bring those guitars down to be played because the last couple times I’ve come in the same guitars have been on the lower levels.

With what has happened in the past, I have gone to other stores where I don’t have this problem. I still come back to Guitar Center, but only when I need strings, a cable, or picks. I don’t come for guitars anymore.

If you would wish to contact me about this, and my address is listed above. I thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to read this.

Sincerely,

John