Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By erinnmae19 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
erinnmae19 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Kevin A. Plank
President, Chief Executive and Chairman of the Board
1020 Hull Streed
Baltimore, MD 21230-2080

Dear Mr. Plank,

I have found extreme comfort using your Cold Gear® products. My family suffers from Renaults, which is when circulation slows or stops to your fingers, toes or any other cold area. Your line of Cold Gear ®has helped me keep warm and minimizes my symptoms of Renaults. I have continued to buy from Under Armour since my satisfaction of the results is vast. I am writing to you about one product that became flawed over time. My white Cold Gear® has become beaded and I am advocating for a replacement.

I have two Cold Gear® tops. One is in perfect, however the other is not. I follow your washing directions, (cold water) and do not dry in the dyer. Even though I use this washing technique somehow my white Cold Gear® has started to bead. This should not have happened since my other top is in perfect condition. This has caused the beaded parts to become ineffective in the cold of Wisconsin’s winters. This allows the cold to get to my skin and my Renaults symptoms begin. This results in going inside earlier and the pain of the blood beginning to flow again once I warm up. On some occasions, I actually cry due to the pain.

Your mission is to “make all athletes better through passion, science, and relentless pursuit of innovation. Every Under Armour product is doing something for you; it’s making you better.” I truly agree that your products do fulfill your mission, except my flawed Cold Gear®. Instead of making me better by allowing me to continue to be out in the cold, it actually inhibits my ability to stay outside.

If you wish to contact me you may call my cell phone or my address is also above. My size is XS, it is a turtle neck style. Thank you for taking time to read my advocacy letter. I hope that you take my concern into consideration and I hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Erinn