Give a Voice to the Speechless | Teen Ink

Give a Voice to the Speechless

By LibbyB. BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
LibbyB. BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

I know we have all seen commercials for Neutrogena, Cover Girl, and Clorox, but have you ever wondered how the companies know it is safe. They test on animals, poor defenseless animals that have no voice to speak for themselves. Well, we can give them a voice. It’s time to stop testing harmful products on animals.

According to peta.org, “Even though this product has blinded an animal, it is still being sold to you.” To me, that is crazy. Obviously if it blinded an animal, it isn’t safe. No matter if it was lotion or bleach, it still blinded an animal. There is still that risk that it could blind you. Millions of workers don’t give a flying donut about the safety about these animals. Plus the companies that manufactured this product only care about the money they are making off of you-they don’t care if it hurts innocent animals or yourself.

According to Peta, an animal rights organization, monkeys are addicted to drugs and have holes drilled into their skulls; sheep and pigs have their skin burned off; and rats have their spinals cords crushed. Tiny mice grow tumors as large as their bodies and kittens are purposefully blinded. Most of these barbaric and senseless experiments are funded by the government, and most of the animals are taken from homes, off the streets, or directly from the wild.

Answer.yahoo.com states, “ In 1990-1997, 12,895,885 dogs, cats, primates, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, bears, armadillos, squirrels, and other species were killed during or after testing.” Most of these are household pets-companions that you have. Imagine your furry friend being man handled onto a table and having random products thrown at them. Worse, that poor creature has no one there to speak for it and tell the testers to stop.

How would you feel if someone forced you from your safe environment to be brutally experimented on? You wouldn’t feel to great would you? Skin burning, eyes watering, chemicals are tested on you against your free will. Animals are people too, just in a different form. Animals have rights just like every other human being on this planet. Just because they don’t have a voice doesn’t mean we can take their freedom from them.

Do you care about animals? Well, Paul McCartney and Natalie Portman do. According to answer.yahoo.com, they are against animal testing. Be like these extraordinary people and put animal testing to an end.
The outside world doesn’t know about these awful experimentations. Animals know. Animals have feelings too. These little critters feel betrayed by humanity. Just think: 12,895,885 doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but it is. 12,000,000 innocent, helpless, and confused creatures brutally murdered. Baby rabbits, little dogs, wee kittens, not even old enough to attempt to save themselves, they unlike us don’t have a voice to speak for themselves.

Put animal testing to an abrupt halt. Be a savior to these abandoned creatures. Animal testing is a cruel and unusual punishment, make it usual and stop this uncivilized, horrible act!