Becoming a Star

When it comes to performing, some people do it for fun, some people do it as a career, and some people do it to become stars. I'm not talking about the stars in the sky, but Broadway performers, TV actresses, pop singers, and ballet dancers. Not that this can't happen, but there are a lot of talented people in the world and very few make it. But, that is not what this article is about.

I am.

Honestly, even though becoming a star seems glamorous, and being on Broadway is every performers dream, I'm not sure if I want that. It's not likely I'd turn down a role on Broadway, but I'm being realistic here. Being famous is a lot of pressure. Not that I'd know, but you give up your privacy, friends, and old life you can never return to. Would I really want that? I love to perform, no doubt, without it, I don't know how I'd go on living. But, to never know who to trust or where to go without people seeing you must be a hard life.

Don't worry, I'm not going to through away my dreams and future in performing because I'm afraid of being famous. All I'm saying, is that it's okay not to be. As long as I'm doing what I love, around the people I love, life is never a waste. I've already had that fifteen minutes of fame and I might never be known by the world. But you know what?

I'm okay with that.