The System | Teen Ink

The System

January 9, 2011
By MarissaLaGrange BRONZE, Monmouth, Maine
MarissaLaGrange BRONZE, Monmouth, Maine
4 articles 0 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
This too shall pass


The funny thing is how we're all in a carefully organized system. We get up each day, we go to work/school every day, we come home, we go to sleep, and it repeats.

I don't know if any of you have thought about the system, it's not one system the entire world has been corrupted into a system. Least for human beings. We're told what to think, what to believe in, what we should learn, what is healthy and what is not, that skinny/anorexic is beautiful. Has it ever occurred to you that back before schools were invented, back before money was the reason people could survive, back before we were told what to do, what to eat, how to live that people used to think on their own. People used to learn what they needed to learn as they went through life, they learned how to survive, they learned how to create, they learned how to grow and love. None of that is here today, if it is, it's very little. Now you have to rely on money, you have to get a job to keep your family alive, you have to learn things people think you need to learn, you have to push yourself, and for what? to die in the end? After all that work have you even really learned anything? Have you even really lived life?
In my eyes, your wasting it.
Most people would be like, "Oh but you need to have a system otherwise everything would be chaotic."
But what they don't understand is, things are already chaotic. The System is failing.

So give me your views on "The System"


The author's comments:
This piece is basically about "The System" we live in. I tell you my opinion on the system and gladly accept other opinions.