"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same."

"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." The funny thing about that saying is because I found it in my Spanish book, written in the back, but it's true. Everyone laughs at the people that are different and individuals, but what about the people that act the same and dress the same, the 'popular people’?
What people don’t see is that those people that are different, is that they are beautiful on the inside. It doesn’t matter whether or not they have the latest clothes fashion, if they have perfect hair, or if they dating the cutest guy, it matters who they are and what they’re like.
We live in a prejudice world where we won’t look twice at a person, because of what they’re wearing, whether they’re hot or not, what their skin color is, if they smell bad, or whatever the reason may be. Either way, we always find something different about people and somehow form an opinion before we even know what they are like.
Before you judge some one, think of how you would feel if someone did that to you. Try getting to know a person before you form an opinion, because that one person just might change your life.

svds1 said...
Yes! It's mean, I mean...if we got rid of stereotypes, then most of our problems would be resolved, right! just think! in school, people will only go out with you if they like your face & your status. they think it's a social game. so lets just get past the box of stereotypes people!!

Breece6 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:30 am
As someone who has gone from social outcast to fairly popular, take it from me that the outcasts have very stereotyped views.  I hang out with what would be considered the "popular" crowd and they are all very much different in their own ways.  In fact even though they wear similar clothes, that just gives them more of a reason to be motivated to individualize themselves.  

I LIKE PIE said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 11:11 am
People tease me in school all the time at school, but I'll bet you anything that I'm happier than those people because I do what I love, not what other people think is normal.

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

That is  great line. Most people can be mean and will laugh at you but in the end, they're the ones that look like clones. They also will make fun of you to feel superior or to not be picked on. All this to say, I liked this very much :) 

p.s. : rated 5 stars...

septemberstarz said...
Yes. I  love you. That is an amazing quote.

alogolf23 said...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 9:45 am
cool story bro

SheyMynn16 said...
This statement goes both ways, "You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." Reverse it. You are now laughing at them because while they are all the same as eachother they are, in fact, different from you. It's a cycle of prejudice, now the real question is... will humanity ever escape it...

RainbowLeprechaun replied...
Apr. 4, 2011 at 11:50 am
I like your outlook on this. In one way or another all people prejudice. "Popular people" are prejudice against "outcasts" because they're different. "Outcast" are prejudice against "populars" because they're prejudice. I only know one person in my life that really tries his best not to be prejudice towards anybody. He's friends with almost everybody in the school, populars and outcasts. And that's my boyfriend. It's sad that he's the only one like that.

bennyB said...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 8:31 am
It is kind of true. The thign is peopel try to hard to be different. In my school in my opinion people try a bit to hard to be different. They weare all of this crazy outfits, and hair cuts and do all of these crazy things, but if you ask me you should be yourself thats the ebxt way to be different. In my school there are a whole bunch of wierd people like this and they are verry wierd. Im arround wierd people most of the time and it anoys me

niko_timmy replied...
same thing at my school. everyone is crazy and different in their own way, no one is really the same. the problem at my school is that no one is themselves, everyone has changed themselves into what they think will make them seem cooler.

SeerKnowsBest replied...
same thing here. everyone tries to be different.... yet they all end up (as oddly as this seems) the same.

RainbowLeprechaun replied...
I get your point but maybe that is how they feel themselves. In dressing themselves in what you call "wierd" they're only "wierd" to you because that's not your style, but maybe that's theirs. Try setting a goal for yourself, to not be so judgemental. Put yourself in their shoes. You don't live their life, how do you know that "wierd" style isn't what they truly like. Your not them.

t.i.m.n_w said...
that is so true!, it has happended to me.

7Ariel7 said...

nice.