A Vegan's View on "Cute and Cuddly Versus Creepy Crawly" | Teen Ink

A Vegan's View on "Cute and Cuddly Versus Creepy Crawly"

December 20, 2010
By antoinettelouise BRONZE, Sandwich, Illinois
antoinettelouise BRONZE, Sandwich, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"in the end society will not only be defined by what we create but also by what we refuse to destroy"


After reading ''cute and cuddly versus creepy crawly" in the November issue i had an urge to to share my opinion. I am a vegan. For those who don't know what what a vegan versus a vegetarian is, a vegetarian doesn't eat meat but eats eggs and milk products. Where as a vegan doesn't eat meat, eggs or milk products of any kind. My point is though is that i completely agree with that article. I get made fun of ofter by people because of my choice to be a vegan. People tell me how much they love their meat and other comments. Many of those people most likely go home a few hours later though and welcome their pet with open arms, while they deny their mom as she tries to tell them what naughty acts their beloved pet did while they were at school. So what is the difference between chewing on some pig or protecting a pet? like as stated in "cute and cuddly versus creepy crawly" it is society. It's the way our society developed. And sadly the way our society can't accept anything that is different. We are so horrified by as someone eating an animal our society chooses to admire and adore. those people or people like me who choose not to eat any animal are looked down on. Since when is having a different view then most people a bad thing? That question i don't know, but i do know our society isn't going to change. This society will pick on people who aren't "normal" to make them feel better about themselves. The only way to change this society is to be the rebel who stands strong in their views and who is active in what they believe in.


The author's comments:
i just wanted to support the article "cute and cuddly versus creepy crawly"