Trust Your Heart

Trust Your Heart

It can be hard to find trust in that special person that you love. Many people have trust issues because they are afraid of getting hurt. I am always afraid of losing the people that are close to me. I know that it was hard for me to open up to my boyfriend. I have been going out with him for a year and seven months, and it has been amazing. It took me a while to open up to him because I was afraid of losing him and getting hurt again.
People have guards up for certain reasons. I had my guard up because I have been hurt one too many times. I have been hurt by boyfriends and my father. I was in an abusive relationship, I was cheated on, and my father committed suicide. I was so afraid that if I opened up to another person, that somebody would hurt me too. I was wrong. The boyfriend I have now is so great to me. I love him so much. What had happened to me made me afraid that I would lose another person, and I couldn’t deal with that again. My boyfriend understands me, and I am not afraid anymore.
We all have to take the chance that we could be hurt again but, then again, if you don’t take that chance, you may never experience true love. I trusted my heart when I met my boyfriend, and he opened my eyes that there is more than what I had gone through. He has helped me deal with everything and understands me. True love is a virtue. Love is really out there. So if you look hard enough, you will find love just as I did.