Future Generation of Violence? | Teen Ink

Future Generation of Violence?

Something every kid enjoys is a good video game in which you imagine yourself as a character in a fantasy world and ignore reality as the game passes by. However, recent opinions state that video games are a hazard to society while others argue that it helps relax the mind. I believe that video games are a good thing once in a while, but too much can start to affect your life. I am not necessarily saying that video games are a danger, because I myself indulge in that fantasy world as well. However, I have come to realize that too much can start to affect you.

Recent studies show that video games can have an affect on the young mind of children, causing major changes in their behavior. Over time -as a kid plays a video game- his mind begins to think like that video game itself. For example, violent video games with blood and gore can affect a child’s mind and influence them to become just, or almost as violent.

Saying that video games are a hazard to society might be a little stretch, but it is true that it starts to affect the mind. Playing video games once in a while in your free time isn’t a bad thing. However, a bad habit of constantly playing and ignoring the other important things in life isn’t good itself. Would you really want to live in a world where the future generation is a brutal, video-gaming planet?

I really love video games myself, but I decided that I should challenge myself and write from another point of view, which I have to say, after the research I've done, maybe I'll lessen on the video-game playing to once a week instead of once a day.