Cultural Differences | Teen Ink

Cultural Differences

America a country of immigrants. It is a country full of people from different cultures, religion and backgrounds. Many people may ask, how do u know its a country full of immigrants? Well in history that is what it says and to add on that I am one of the immigrants. I am from Somalia, a country in Africa and I currently live in the United States, I came to the United States legally and I have experienced the cultural difference between the United States and the country I came from.
There is the religion difference, the cultural difference and many other different beliefs. I have gone through a hard time changing my English accent, coping with the American culture and I am grateful to my teachers, especially my first english teacher in the United States Mrs. Pop. She made me feel welcomed, she helped me think about my future and who I want to be. I want to send her my thanks. I think the U.S goverment is doing a well done job helping those who are suffering in Sudan, Somalia and other countries in the world. I think people from different cultures and background when they join hands together they can make extra ordinary things.

John said...
on Aug. 24 2008 at 6:49 am
Yasin, I agree with your views and thoughts, especially " People from different cultures and backgrounds when they join hands together they can make extra ordinary thinhs."