WWII: What Would Have Happened If the USA Had Not Entered the War | Teen Ink

WWII: What Would Have Happened If the USA Had Not Entered the War

January 3, 2008
By Anonymous

What would have happened in World War II had the United States not been here? Would the Nazis have taken over the world? Would England have defeated them? What would have happened? That’s what I’m here to speculate about.

I’ll tell you plain and simple: I think the Nazis would have invaded the UK and then taking over the world would have been a piece of cake. Besides the US, England was the most powerful country, and I have to say I think they would have lost to Hitler. I don’t dislike England, nor do I underestimate her power, but I think that if the US hadn’t entered the war, if we had just sat back and watched the Nazis take over the world, that England would have given out. I don’t know if the US could have done it without England, but I seriously doubt England could have done it without the US.

I have reasons to believe this. First of all, the United States of America is considered the most powerful country. This is because in the history of this country, we have never lost a war. Before we entered the war in 1941, the Nazis were definitely “ahead”. Different countries were giving way before Hitler like blades of grass before a lawnmower. I must say that England fought hard and well, holding back the Nazis and winning several battles, but Hitler’s power was great and I think that in spite of all the brave fighting and good leadership, England would have given way eventually. But when we joined the war, there was a major difference. In only four years, both Germany and Japan gave up and Europe was recaptured from Hitler.

Another reason that I think that the Nazis would have taken over the world had the US not stepped in is this: It wouldn’t have taken much more for Hitler to take over the world. Let’s take a look at the situation in 1941 before the US entered the war. Pretty much all of Europe had been invaded and China was under the thumb of Japan. Once England was taken over, the rest of the world (except the United States, of course) would have been easy. Countries in Africa, South America, and Central America were weak in comparison to Hitler’s forces. He could have marched his armies into various countries and taken over. No problem. And Japan could have taken over the rest Asia easily. As for Canada, I don’t think they could have withheld the Nazis any better than England. And that pretty much covers the world.

I think it’s interesting to think and speculate about what would have happened in various situations. I like to think about major world problems, such as AIDS in Africa or extreme poverty in Asia, and try to come up with solutions. If I think I have one, I know it must be one that wouldn’t work, or somebody else would have come up with it. Then I try to think of why it wouldn’t work. But remember, we’re all “somebody else” to somebody else. If you have an idea, don’t be afraid to express it! After all, if everyone figures “somebody else” will be doing something about it, nothing will get done. But don’t start with world problems!