WWII: What Would Have Happened If the USA Had Not Entered the War | Teen Ink

WWII: What Would Have Happened If the USA Had Not Entered the War

What would have happened in World War II had the United States not been here? Would the Nazis have taken over the world? Would England have defeated them? What would have happened? That’s what I’m here to speculate about.

I’ll tell you plain and simple: I think the Nazis would have invaded the UK and then taking over the world would have been a piece of cake. Besides the US, England was the most powerful country, and I have to say I think they would have lost to Hitler. I don’t dislike England, nor do I underestimate her power, but I think that if the US hadn’t entered the war, if we had just sat back and watched the Nazis take over the world, that England would have given out. I don’t know if the US could have done it without England, but I seriously doubt England could have done it without the US.

I have reasons to believe this. First of all, the United States of America is considered the most powerful country. This is because in the history of this country, we have never lost a war. Before we entered the war in 1941, the Nazis were definitely “ahead”. Different countries were giving way before Hitler like blades of grass before a lawnmower. I must say that England fought hard and well, holding back the Nazis and winning several battles, but Hitler’s power was great and I think that in spite of all the brave fighting and good leadership, England would have given way eventually. But when we joined the war, there was a major difference. In only four years, both Germany and Japan gave up and Europe was recaptured from Hitler.

Another reason that I think that the Nazis would have taken over the world had the US not stepped in is this: It wouldn’t have taken much more for Hitler to take over the world. Let’s take a look at the situation in 1941 before the US entered the war. Pretty much all of Europe had been invaded and China was under the thumb of Japan. Once England was taken over, the rest of the world (except the United States, of course) would have been easy. Countries in Africa, South America, and Central America were weak in comparison to Hitler’s forces. He could have marched his armies into various countries and taken over. No problem. And Japan could have taken over the rest Asia easily. As for Canada, I don’t think they could have withheld the Nazis any better than England. And that pretty much covers the world.

I think it’s interesting to think and speculate about what would have happened in various situations. I like to think about major world problems, such as AIDS in Africa or extreme poverty in Asia, and try to come up with solutions. If I think I have one, I know it must be one that wouldn’t work, or somebody else would have come up with it. Then I try to think of why it wouldn’t work. But remember, we’re all “somebody else” to somebody else. If you have an idea, don’t be afraid to express it! After all, if everyone figures “somebody else” will be doing something about it, nothing will get done. But don’t start with world problems!

uncleknubs said...
on May. 22 2015 at 6:10 am
Germany made it's biggest mistake by violating the agreement Hitler made with Stalin to not attack Russia, it was called the non-aggression pact. By the time the U.S. entered the war officially, after Hitler declared war on the U.S. to back Japans attack on Pearl Harbor, Russia had been resupplied by the U.S. with the Lend-Lease program and Russia had regrouped and started kicking the German military square in the golden balls. It is likely Russia would have either defeated Germany or weaken them sufficiently to stop Germany's ability to continue it's take over of Europe. Russia was responsible for retaking the Baltic region, along with other countries bordering them, back from Germany on their own. As a result of the Baltic Offensive of 1944, the Soviet Union recaptured most of the Baltic states and trapped the remaining German forces in the Courland pocket, until their formal surrender in May 1945. Briton had been so weakened by WWI and was so broke, they never rearmed or upgraded their equipment sufficiently enough to fend off Germany effectively in WWII. Although relations between the Soviet Union and the United States had been strained in the years before World War II, the U.S.-Soviet alliance of 1941–1945 was marked by a great degree of cooperation and was essential to securing the defeat of Nazi Germany. Without the remarkable efforts of the Soviet Union on the Eastern Front, the United States and Great Britain would have been hard pressed to score a decisive military victory over Nazi Germany.

on Sep. 20 2011 at 9:19 am
so its not like america had the only homefront so more planes were being made and saved until needed

warboy123 said...
on Mar. 2 2011 at 2:56 pm
Sorry but after the battle of britain there was no way for hitler to invade the UK due to the amount of aircraft the RAF had taken out, it was not possible to invade the british isles without air supiriority the end

on Oct. 9 2010 at 10:31 am
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I believe that no ally could have one the war without the help of all of them.

bl87 said...
on May. 19 2010 at 10:18 pm

Interesting essay, I just thought I would point out that now, andd even by world war II America had lost several wars. eg,

Seminole Wars first, second and third.

Also the Korean war was lost due to a stalemate instead of a victory

Also the Vietnam war was lost due to The North taking over and the South surrendering and United States forces retreating

Before the war of independance America tried 5 times to get Britain out of the United States but lost 5 times. then America had to team up with France and Spain then tried again

Vasili said...
on Sep. 15 2009 at 10:27 pm
I don't totally agree with you on everything you said here. For example not every country was falling easily to hitler. Russia was fighting very hard against an amoral attack (Russia was supplying Germany with raw materials before they where at war) and Germany lost the largest portion of their forces there. Also fighting in Yugoslavia was going poorly for them because of the rugged mountain terrain. I think that if England fell Hitler would have attacked North america, and taken Europe. However Canada would likely have been a repeat of russia, and the fighting in the U.S. would have been the WORST FIGHTING THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN, probably with at least two million more deaths. So no not everything would be as easy for Hitler as you say. Would The Axis have won without us fighting? probably. But that would set up a cold war between Germany and Japan, and if it erupted (wich it most likely would have) millions more would have died. I hope you see this comment, because I noticed so far mine is the only one, and I think you have a good idea, and that this will help you improve on it.