Pet Peeves | Teen Ink

Pet Peeves

I hate people who think that everything is all right and that kids just don't get it. I think that kids have a clearer veiw of whats going on than some adult who's trying to make the world a better place. No offense but our world isn't going anywhere fast except down. And hate to break to you but the world isn't great. And kids who go to intolerant schools full of creeps and jerks would know it better than anyone. So if you want to tell me that uniforms help unify schools and help with tolerance issues, you go to a school with uniforms and then you can tell me how many kids got picked on in the halls. You want to tell me that kids who hate their parents are very ungrateful- besides the material things what do the parents give to the kids? Do they love them? Do they let the kids make mistakes? I totally agree that parents who couldn't care less are less than perfect. But if they love their kid, are they worse than an uptight parent who doesn't have time for their kid and makes them feel like crap? I don't think so. So if you want to tell me how great the world is, you come and spend a day in my world.