Against School Uniforms | Teen Ink

Against School Uniforms

November 30, 2007
By Anonymous

Con: School uniforms cannot change a student’s attitude
Or the way they act, only they can change themselves.


I am against Indianapolis Public School uniform policy because a school cannot tell its students what to wear especially if they don’t buy our clothes. I think we should be able to wear what ever we want. When the school buys our clothes then they can tell us what to wear. Just because they make us wear the uniforms it’s not going to change any thing.
The boys are still going to be sagging, and the girls are probably going to still be wearing they clothes too short or too tight. I think since we have to wear uniforms it should also include the staff too. Most of the students aren’t even wearing the uniforms. Most of them are wearing jeans and jerseys.
Instead of letting them wear that stuff they should make them wear the uniforms like every one else. If they’re going to do something then I think they should do it right. I also think that we should be able to wear what ever we want at least once every week like on Fridays, and wear the uniforms Mondays through Thursdays.
Superintendent White said that wearing the uniforms will help us become better people and have better attitudes. I don’t think its true because kids are still fighting, getting kicked out of schools, and most of them are skipping in the halls.

Uniforms don’t make the student, the student makes the uniform.