What is a Teenager? | Teen Ink

What is a Teenager?

November 13, 2010
By Derekh2013 BRONZE, Uhrichsville, Ohio
Derekh2013 BRONZE, Uhrichsville, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional"


What is a teenager? A teenager can be viewed in many ways. They can be viewed as reckless, strange, hyper, crazy, ignorant, and foul. But we are unique. We may seem atrocious to others but they are the ones who need to step into the reality of “us”. What they see is the outside. They may think they understand us, but they clearly don’t. We teenagers may come home and burry ourselves in our rooms, but this is where we are ourselves. They view our music choices as loud and obnoxious; when to us it’s like melting into our own little world. This world may seem crazy, but it’s what you live everyday. The people that view us as bad do not understand the magnitude of the word we live in. Some view us as the worst thing to happen, but we are a flower that elegantly opens the bud to the most different, colorful, and fragrant pedals that are our souls.


The author's comments:
I wrote this late one night when i decided to give writing try. At the time of this i was not in so much of a great mood and was just thinking about life and how "a book should not be judged by it's cover" and how everyday parents don't actually understand teens or people view them in the wrong way. It's just something to get people thinking about how their life differs from the adult world and how special we are on the inside. This is my first writing and i hope people can relate or understand the message it has.