Juvenile Delinquency

Juvenile delinquency has drastically increased over the years. This oppression created by adolescents is a major concern all over the world.

The lack of discipline among the under-aged has indeed contributed to this problem. Children on the edge of adulthood can easily acquire illegal substances, which also have lead to even more crimes. Many schools do not even have a proper form of punishment for crimes such as vandalism. Their parents and in general the whole community, usually choose to ignore these crimes because they refuse to believe that such acts are being committed.

Though there is a lack of discipline, many beg to differ that this is the real reason. The lack of hope, trust, and happiness in the teens’ lives has also lead to this. Nowadays, many teens suffer from depression, abuse and social pressure. Though many believe they’re ignorant children, they survive problems that many adults are scared to face. However, these problems of their daily lives have taken a great toll on them. Consequently, they turn to the world of crime for comfort.

I disagree that the lack of discipline is the major cause of this. Happiness, love, and hope are no longer part of the average teen’s life. Teens turn to crime as an alternative to their stressful lives. They think that the world of crime cares for and accepts them; more than their friends and family, and this is starting to become true. The sparkle that used to be in children’s eyes has begun to fade and that is truly the major cause of juvenile delinquency.

swagga007 said...
Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:35 pm:
I am writing a paper about the subject of Reducing Juvenile Delinquency...I must say, you have given a couple of good points regarding this topic. @ dnttrip...I do agree with you, to some extent, parents are the epitome of a childs action. I strongly believe that children personify the home environment through their behavior or lack thereof. However, I also believe that it takes a village(an old Afrikkan saying...) or, in consideration to the Western Frontier, a community, to raise a child. Unfo... (more »)

dnttrip said...
hun..you got it all wrong. kids are raised a certain way. no one wants to blame their parents but thats who they should be blaming. kids get their values ffrom them and the reason why they become that way always leads right back to the parents.

Erudite replied...
Nov. 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm :
yeah, i know..thanks..i mean i agree that the way children are raised has lead many of them to the way they are..but there are also lots of children who are misunderstood and are good people who just need a break..there are lots of good people out there who break the law..i dunno..i guess i could be wrong, but all i know is that not every child who is a delinquent should blame the way they were disciplined for what they have become..they should blame their ill-fate of misunde... (more »)

bieber replied...
Aug. 22, 2011 at 12:52 am :
madnesssss