Chew It Up | Teen Ink

Chew It Up

By nicholst BRONZE, Framingham, Massachusetts
nicholst BRONZE, Framingham, Massachusetts

I hate the way that people chew food, it bugs me so much that it’s unbearable. I hate the sound that people make when they eat food, and the way they eat it. Like the amount they shove into their mouth, talking with their mouth open and the worst thing of all chewing with their mouth open! A person chewing their food with no manners and the noise made from the food there eating is what ticks me off most.

Some foods are okay to eat because they are not loud when you chew. Like jell-o, bananas, strawberries, most meats, bagels, eggs, pancakes, beans, cheese, ice cream, and most pasta. But there are also some foods that are on the do not eat list because it just isn’t good: Carrots, Celery, Corn, Squash, Zucchini, Tomato, Turnip, Peas, Green Beans, Pepper, Onion, Cucumber, Broccoli, Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Eggplant and any other vegetables that are not listed

Now for the food that makes loud noises that I cannot stand. I don’t want to be reading a magazine at the café, eating a few tables away or even eating with the person and being able to hear the crunch crackle and pop of the food they are eating. These foods include: Popcorn, Ice pops, Cookies, Chips, Cereal, Watermelon, Apples, Gum, Hot pizza, Crackers, Gummy bears, Toast, Bacon, Sausage, Pretzels, Pickles, Spaghetti, Soup, Goldfish, Gummy worms, Chocolate, Snickers, Almond joy, Heath bar, Butterfinger, Peanuts, Salad, Chicken wings, Crunchy fries, Home Fries, Hot wings, Donuts, Granola, Beatles, Flies, Butterflies, Spiders, Crickets, Moths, Grasshoppers, Ticks, Lady bugs, Dragonflies, Stinkbugs, Mantis, Locus, Worms, Bees.

There are also people that make weird noises as they chew food, like when they are eating something is to hot they try blowing on the food while its in there mouth and it makes a disgusting and weird noise. Most of the time occurring with soup, mashed potatoes, pizza, chicken, hamburgers and rice. You know the food is going to be hot so cool it down out of your mouth not while its already in cause I don’t want to hear it or see it. People also make slurping noise that are just as annoying, with anything cold like ice or ice pops, pudding jell-o, spaghetti, and cereal. These things are noises that people make while eating that no one likes to hear or listen to while they are trying to enjoy there own food.

But no matter what food you or someone around is eating, someone eating with his or her mouth open is gross. Seeing someone’s food from your plate in front of you looks really delicious but once it enters your mouth that’s the last I want to see of it. But some people just can’t help themselves and want to share it with everyone they are with. Like a garbage truck eating everyone’s food from your street, mooshing it in all together when it all gets dumped into its mouth, not very attractive.

In reality though we are garbage trucks cause we eat what’s in front of us like the garbage truck do when they pick up everyone’s trash with everything that’s in the dumpster weather it be: used dippers, used tissues, scrap food, the fish that went belly side up while you were away at camp, tires, the old strawberries with mold on them, moms burnt rice, moms burnt chicken, moms burnt eggs, moms burnt cookies, moms burnt grilled cheese, moms burnt smores, moms burnt waffles, moms burnt nachos, moms burnt T.V. dinners, moms burnt cake, moms burnt thanksgiving turkey, moms burnt hot dogs, moms burnt banana bread, moms burnt cereal, moms burnt jell-o, moms burnt ice cream, moms burnt pizza rolls, moms burnt lunchables, moms burnt easy mac, moms burnt ellio’s, moms burnt ramen noodles, moms burnt corn, moms burnt pie, moms burnt spinach, moms burnt toast, moms burnt bacon, moms burnt home fries, moms burnt everything but I still love her, but the garbage truck will eat all moms burnt goodness any day of the week even though he only comes to see my family once a week.