Mistakes | Teen Ink

Mistakes

September 15, 2010
By shelby.r123 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
shelby.r123 BRONZE, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Music is love in search of a word"-Unknown


I believe in making mistakes.

Without making mistakes in your life, you would have nothing to look forward to. Some people, when they make mistakes, make it as if it is the end of the world. But really, its not. Making mistakes is just a part of life. And some people need to get used to it.

For example, the people in the Olympics. They don’t give up. They keep making mistake after mistake. And each mistake they make, they learn from.

That’s the big part of making mistakes. You always learn from them. And usually don’t make them again. That’s what is so fun about mistakes. You don’t make the same mistake over and over again and you get to feel as if you made a big accomplishment. It may not be a big one, but to you is it.

For some people, their biggest accomplishment in life was maybe riding a bike for the first time without training wheels, or maybe getting their first A on a test. To some people, those are just little things that doesn’t really matter. But, to the person who made that accomplishment, feels like they are on top of the world!

Making mistakes may not be the most fun thing ever, but at the end it is actually fun.

“Mistakes are a part of a human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.”- Al Franken

Now, take what Al Franken said into your head. Other people can learn from your mistakes, just like you can learn from theirs. If people see you mess up, they most likely won’t do the same thing because they saw the out come of what you did.

Even the “fatal” mistakes are amazing ones! People need to realize that just because you make one little mistake, it doesn’t mean that you should just give up and never try again because you are scared that you will fail again. Keep trying. Never give up. Because if you give up, you wont feel that amazing feeling of accomplishment.

I make a lot of mistakes in my life. And I don’t feel like my life means nothing. I know never giving up will pay off some day. It may be days. It may be months. And maybe even years. But, I think about how I will feel when I don’t make mistakes anymore. And I think about how amazing that feeling will be.

So next time you make a mistake, think about how you will feel when you finally succeed and have that feeling of accomplishments.

You will always make mistakes, so get used to it. It’s just a way of life.


The author's comments:
I wrote this essay last year in my 7th grade english class.