How do I start? | Teen Ink

How do I start?

By bea7girl SILVER, New Hope, Pennsylvania
bea7girl SILVER, New Hope, Pennsylvania

Sitting here, at this computer, I have been frozen, clueless as to what to write about. But even more troubling, after deciding on several topics, I was confronted with an even more challenging question: How do I start?

This simple question that many of us face, seems to work for many topics. This morning, while eager to start some college research, I was asked, how do I start? Playing soccer this afternoon, yet again I was challenged with how do I start? This question even came up while I was munching down on some delicious chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

This question even applies to the most broad topics. How do we start to help the victims of hurricane Katrina, the families of the dead during 911, and the people in Haiti? How do we start to fix the damage of the oil spill? How do we start to solve the issue of global warming, pollution, and the growing amount of homeless? How do we start to make a difference? The world is filled with “how do i start” questions. It is this simple question that destroyed our money system, or relations with certain countries, and the ecosystem.

So unlike many who have failed at solving the “how do I start” challenge, today I was set out to start a blog. Yet, now it seems that there are far more important “how do i start” questions. Maybe I should try and solve those before I get to solving mine. Oops. Too late.