Anger Management | Teen Ink

Anger Management

By Mary_O333 PLATINUM, Ledyard, Connecticut
Mary_O333 PLATINUM, Ledyard, Connecticut

What you wish to see in the world, be the change!

Anger suddenly pours over me, it feels as if I have no control over what I say or do, so I say things I would never say unless I was angry. But after I calm down I realize that I can’t take back what I said, all I can do is apologize for saying it. But I would never have to apologize if I had never said it in the 1st place. Coping with anger is something I have trouble doing, but I realize I’m not the only one that has trouble with this. When we were all little it used to be called temper tantrums. Where we would cry and stomp our feet. But what do we call them as we grow older. Anger management? Well I guess we will go with that. But during this stage of our lives it’s not crying and stomping our feet, it’s a way of trying to manipulate our parents to do something for us. But think about it, we normally get angry after asking our parents for something, and they just so happen to say no. We wish, it’s our parents saying no because they’re tired or they’re thinking to themselves what has my son/daughter done that I’ve asked them to do? What we need to start realizing is that we need to do things that our parents ask us to do, and most of the time when we want something it’s a yes. So if your parent asks you to simply take out the garbage, or wash the dishes, don’t hesitate, just do it. You never know, that thing you want might just turn into an answer called yes. And if there are more yes answers, then there is less anger to be dealt with.

I wrote this a lil while after exsperiencing this