Sorry | Teen Ink

Sorry

Sorry. I am so sick of this word. I am so sick of hearing it and saying it when it is not meant. I have been relizing that i say it when I am nervous. I say it alot, too.
I realized how often I apologize the other day in lunch. Few days before two kids were making fun of me in class. By the end of the 80 minute block I was crying. Being made fun of is nothing new to me. I am over weight and I have learned to ignore it then, complain later, but defintely cry alone. But this is pretty hard when two kids have gotten two rows of your classmates to laugh at you. After class I went to the teacher. Not something I would dobut a guy that I had been complaining to most of the summer had said that I should. The teacher did something and I got two apologies later that day.
One guy denied that he had poked me, but he apologized for it. In the lunch room those few days later i heard those guys make some very rude comments about the girl who got them front row seats in Global. It was then that I realized how fake sorry can be. Said by certain people it can be a sincere way of acknowledging that they screwed up. But by some of us itcan be a way out of a bad situation. To say or write sorry is one thing. Meaning it is just asking for too much. From now on, I am going to try to say sorry less, but show that I am sorry more.

on Jul. 15 2009 at 5:26 pm
kiwi12 PLATINUM, Austin, Texas
I'm tired of that word too. Nobody uses it correctly anymore. I see it everywhere.