Do you believe in destiny? | Teen Ink

Do you believe in destiny?

By misslunalovegood GOLD, Manila, Other
misslunalovegood GOLD, Manila, Other

One broken dream is not the end of dreaming.

Destiny.

Oh, no. I’m not talking about the person we are about to marry someday, or the man with whom our soul is to be given in the future. And no, I’m not talking about perfect love at the perfect time, instead, what I’m talking about is the path we are about to take, the decisions that will determine our lives’ direction and the choices that we are about to choose.

Many individuals believe that before we are born in this complicated world, our destiny was already decided. They suppose that the lives they have been living were long-ago determined, and all they have to do is to jive and live the life they have been given. They take it that whatever they do and wherever they go, their destinies are responsible for it. Everything that happens to their lives such as the people they meet, the jobs they get, the trials they undergo are all because of destiny.

But they are wrong.

The so-called ‘long-ago decided destiny’ possesses no evidence. The idea evolved from the core of nothing, leaving us with no verification of the truth that lies with destiny. No one can really prove the belief for nobody has ever seen the forces enclosing the nature of our life.

On the other hand, evidences regarding the contrary of ‘long-ago decided destiny’ is visible in simple things and situations. For instance, the bible tells us that we have the power to choose between the evil forces and the angelic forces. Even in simple situations, the authority always lies within us. For example, in exams we have the choices on either we will get a high or low score. We decide what score we get, if we want a high score, we study. If we want a low score we don’t study. If we view the situation based on destiny and assume that our destiny is to get a low score, whatever we do, how hard we study and how late we stay up the night to review, we will always get a low score. Isn’t it sounds dumb and wrong?

Let us not complicate the matter on hand. The concept is simple enough to understand and comprehend by everybody, may it be the old or the youth. We people make our own destiny. We have choices in every situation, and the decision is always ours. We wrap up whether we want to be successful, or not. We decide whether we want to change, or not. We choose whether we want to be respected, or not.

Everything that happens on our lives isn’t because of destiny. All of the aspects of our lives are because of our decisions, decisions that gradually make up who we really are and where we want to be. All of our friends, our status, our jobs, our reputation, our character are based on our decisions.

Therefore, we make our own destiny.

Juarez20 said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 11:34 am
Juarez20, Daytona, Florida
Do you believe in destiny ? It is something very difficult to explain because each person has the right to believe or not. In my opinion I do not believe in destiny because things can change depends on the actions you take in your life, I believe that you are the person Responsible for guiding your life and not destiny.

Kevin030930 said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 11:11 am
Kevin030930, Daytona, Florida
I don't believe in destiny nor fate cause for me it just controls the way your living. You're going to find everything through time like, friends, the ideal person for you, the perfect job for you, etc. Certainly not by this "destiny or fate". Of course they are other people believe on it and I respect it but I find it dumb believe in something that just controls your own way of living.

RonelM23 said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 11:08 am
RonelM23, Daytona, Florida
I come to realize that if you want something your mindset got to be strong, work ethic got to be strong, not waiting on things to get better magically, so no, that's why I don't believe in destiny.

NestorLPV said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 11:02 am
NestorLPV, Daytona Beach, Florida
I do believe in destiny, I think that you do have a destiny, and I also think that there are different kind of destinies. I believe that you create your own destiny through decisions you make in your life. Moreover, I believe that there are a lot of different destinies, because in life you are going to face several decisions that will change your life to better or worse.

yuujin_a said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 10:59 am
yuujin_a, Tokyo, Other
Destiny, for how complicated it is but can be defined easily. Destiny is described as the path that an individual takes to where they are destined to be. As for me, it is such a complex belief. It takes the time and answers for me to believe on something. For some moments can be proven that destiny is true but not for the rest of your existence it will be there. However, it is true that we can choose our destiny and what we desire, but are we really destined to our own destiny? Do people really believe that their destiny itself will take them to places and hold their future? In my opinion I don't believe in such thing that if you are in a moment where you feel like you are getting close to your destiny, do not think that this is it, this is the end game. A lot of things could happen that nobody knows, you might not get to where you think you wanna be, because it is not scientifically proven that people is destined to what they want exactly. In conclusion, I do not believe in destiny as how it is defined, and sometimes it could just be a coincidence. An individual can pick their destiny and they are the ones responsible for their actions, but it is not certain they will get there.

Dzhasan said...
on Apr. 9 2021 at 10:49 am
Dzhasan, Daytona-Beach, Florida
I do not believe in destiny. Everything depends of us and our decisions. For example, if you got a low score on the exam, does not mean everything was written before you were born; it means your attitude to this class and you were unware of this exam. Fate is to be born and to die but your life only in your hands

koolaid said...
on Oct. 17 2019 at 10:15 am
koolaid, New York, Florida
SATEN WANTS TO SUCK ME IN HECK

koolaid said...
on Oct. 17 2019 at 10:14 am
koolaid, New York, Florida
I WANT DIEEEE

koolaid said...
on Oct. 17 2019 at 10:13 am
koolaid, New York, Florida
kill me

koolaid said...
on Oct. 17 2019 at 10:07 am
koolaid, New York, Florida
its not heck it is hill

on Oct. 14 2019 at 1:27 pm
oiujhygnjmkjh, Sydney, Illinois
Yeah Go To HECC You RACSAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratkaka said...
on Dec. 4 2018 at 10:29 am
ratkaka, San Fransico, California
ALL OF U ARE WRONG. OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST DIDN'T DIE FOR THIS. ALL OF YOU ARE GOING TO HECC.

Dhvanzi said...
on Jul. 27 2017 at 9:03 am
This is so true I can so much relate to this it's like u always write your own destiny and it's no one except u.....

Loujayn said...
on Feb. 22 2017 at 4:04 am
Ok for me i believe in destiny because it is the thing that choose our path but we are responsible about how this path will be like happy or sad we are able to makr it better or worst so believing in destiny isn't a mistake but making your life exactly like what your destiny choosed is your big mistake