Where i come from | Teen Ink

Where i come from

By pinkrose9550 BRONZE, Springfield, Massachusetts
pinkrose9550 BRONZE, Springfield, Massachusetts
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

If you want to make a change, start with the man in the mirror.

I come from a place where every-day someone gets shot or jumped. I come from a place where you see teenager girls walking around with a pregnant belly or with a child in their hand. I come from a place where kids from age 9-18 are selling drugs. I come from a place where half of these parents here are 30 years old with a 15 year old kid. I come from a place where there are 5 streets and two of those five streets are against each other. I come from a place where there are drive-bys all the time. I come from a place where 6 year old kids think playing with a paintball gun or any kind of gun is fun. I come from a place where you see little girls making out with older guys and their parents don't really care. i come from a place where you rarely see a kid graduating from high-school because they went down the wrong path. I come from a place that no one would want to go to. I come from a place where when someone drives by for the first time they automatically think this is horrible place. I come from a place where every night a group of girls walk down the block wearing tight skirts and a tight shirt that barelys cover their body. i come from a place where alot kids stay out past their curfew and their parents don't really care. I come from a place where a few kids actually want to leave this lifestyle and do something big with their life. Now you've read about the bad part..
I also come from a place where alot of kids are talented. I come from a place where alot of teenagers try to have their own things by selling or doing something and that's not what they want. I come from a place where many teenagers can draw,sing,rap and much more but no one pays attention. I come from a place where a mother who is in her teens has no support and cannot take care of their kid but tries because they want their kid to have a life that they didn't have. When i come back from school i see a family out-side every day dancing, singing and having fun. I see so many things from where i come from and sometimes i see bad things and sometimes i see good things and when someone looks at my hometown and says "The kids there are stupid." or they'll say "It's a horrible place to go to." I'll say " Don't judge something you have never seen before. Don't judge people because they live in a place where they had no choice to live in." Don't judge a person for where they come from. Judge them from what they are. Because you'll be surprise. If you meet a kid from where i come from, ask them this;"What do you want be when your out of school." They'll tell you they want to be a succeful rapper, a actor or actress. Or a lawyer and much more. Some kids who want to make it big in life and they have no money starts doing something so they can start something up. I know many people who have come from where i came from and some of them actually succeded in life. So when you see someone from my neighberhood or similar to where i come from ask them 'what do you want to be when you grow up.' and they'll give you an answer. and that answer will really surprise you. =)

This is what i think about where i live. My friends and family inspired me to write this.