death penatly | Teen Ink

death penatly

May 18, 2010
By jessica marquez BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona
jessica marquez BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

More than 4,500 people have been executed in the United States since 1930. But there is no way of knowing how many people have been executed in the U.S history. From 1887 to 1951 there were 4,730 recorded lynching by vigilantes in the U.S. the death penalty is barbaric and violates the “cruel and unusual” clause in the bill of rights. The death penalty should be banned.
First of all the death penalty is wrong and should be banned because in many cases innocent people have been executed when they weren’t even guilty. DNA testing showed that some people that had been executed weren’t even at the scene of the crime. But still because they were supposedly “guilty” with out real proof, they were still executed.
All the death penalty really does is take the prisoner’s life away. It doesn’t change them or show them that what they did was wrong. Just by executing someone isn’t going to bring the victim back to life. Many years in jail to a life time is more affective. Slowly they will learn what they had done was wrong. There is also rehab. Everyone is capable of changing and should have a second chance.
Even though these prisoners may be guilty, I had said before its more affective a life in prison. We have no right to choose weather a person should or shouldn’t die. We have no right what so ever to pick weather a person should be killed or if they should live. No matter if the person committed murdered. Anyone can change. We all make decisions we’re not proud of and regret.
That’s why I think the death penalty is wrong and should be banned. Its enough families and friends from the victim’s side are suffering; we don’t need others suffering also from the criminal’s side. We need to stop the “eye for eye” revenge and learn to forgive. No matter how much it may hurt.

The author's comments:
i wrote this because i dont think its right for us 2 execute anyone.we have no right to choose weather a person deserves to die or not.Even though it they committed murder, everyone can change and we all make mistakes.