Common Disaster | Teen Ink

Common Disaster

By writerwriting GOLD, Houston, Texas
writerwriting GOLD, Houston, Texas

Disorganization is expensive. You can not take a messy room, or a locker fit to bursting, for granted. Although it may seem like an issue to brush aside and save for a rainy day, it can be a disaster waiting to happen. As soon as you stop thinking about it, for one moment, it will creep back up like a shadow to haunt you.
Failure is not something I take easily. As I stared at the big, fat zero on my grade sheet, I realized that failure is exactly what I got. I thought of my cluttered locker and the pile of notebooks in my room, their purpose long forgotten. My science notebook disappeared into this vortex of papers and junk, just vanishing into nonbeing. Frustration ripped through me, I was the only one to blame for this. The zero in front of me and the disarray of objects I saw in my mind’s eye blurred together as regret replaced my frustration.
How could I expect to find one notebook, the notebook worth a large percent of my grade, among an avalanche of other papers? No matter how much effort I put into my work, it does not count if it isn’t turned in. If the work disappears to who knows where , what proof is there that I had tried, that I made an effort? The teachers can not magically find your missing things and zap them onto their desk. And all of this would be caused by a mess in your room, or a locker filled with ripped up, long overdue papers.
I realized that the messier my locker got, the more disorganized my room was, the more zeroes would be popping up in my grades. I do not want disorganization, something that is easily prevented, to mess up the hard work I have done, and will do in the future. If I had kept everything neat and tidy, I would not have had to deal with the stress and panic of scrambling to make up for everything I lost. I should have thought about the consequences of being lazy, sitting around or playing on the computer, while mini disaster areas lay all around me, holding my homework hostage.
Disorganization can cost you many things you have worked hard for. Try to stay organized and make sure clutter doesn’t get in the way of your work. Any issues that could be presented by disorganization will be wiped away once you get organized, all it takes is to make the right choice.

yomomma96 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make lemo- throw them at people. XD

:) Hope to read more articles about how you've improved

writerwriting GOLD, Houston, Texas
I certainly have, good luck to you too

yomomma96 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Clutter is something I've been trying to avoid for years, but sadly it keeps chasing me. Hopefully you have learned your lesson. I wish you the best of luck. :)

writerwriting GOLD, Houston, Texas
Thanks that means alot to me! I'm glad you see where I'm coming from.:)

yomomma96 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

I believe this article is pure geniusness. You're making an excellent point here. Clutter is not something you should set aside. Great job! :)