Women Finally Standing Up For Themselves | Teen Ink

Women Finally Standing Up For Themselves

The theme that I have chosen to work with is that of women overcoming their original way of live, from being housewives to doing the work of men because they were at war. The time period that I have chosen is the Contemporary World. I wanted to find out the evolution of women from the beginning of the Contemporary World (1945) to the present time (2010).

Some historical events that have effected women having to take over men jobs while they were away was the end of World War II and the Cold War. While these wars were happening, females weren’t aloud to fight but they needed people back home to do the work that men were supposed to do, and that is where the women came in. So while the men were at war, women did their jobs. They did manufacturing jobs. They also did things to help the men in the military like being nurses for the injured. After the men came back from the wars, that is women really started to fight for their rights, because they realized how helpful they could be and how much they really did know how to do.

One of the big things that happened for women during the beginning of the Contemporary World was WASP (Women Air force Service Pilots.) This group was made of pioneering organizations of civilian female pilots employed to fly military aircraft under the direction of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II. The female pilots would end up numbering a little over thousand, each freeing a male pilot for combat service and duties.

Women have gone through a lot to try and overcome their original way of life. I think that even if the wars weren’t a good idea, the fact that women got to do things with their lives, and actually work, helped out for the present time because now females do have rights. If these things weren’t to happen that made women want to actually stand up for their rights then we probably still wouldn’t have all the rights that we have. Women fought for their right to vote from 1848 until 1920. Finally, we were able to vote because of the 19th Amendment.

All of the things that happened because of these few things has made a complete transformation in our world. Women now have the right to vote and everything else that a man has the right to do. If only we could get it so that people would not discriminate against race our world would be a million times better. Women have came from known as very low, not able to talk or anything to having the same rights as men and that is a huge outcome!