A man I never knew

By , Hartland, MI
A man I never knew. Is this man a stranger? No. This man was more yet less then that. To me he was never a stranger yet he was at the same time. Without him I wouldn't be here. He died a few months back.
Did I love him? Yes. Would I have liked to meet him? Yes.

Who is this man? My grandfather, my real grandfather. My mother never let me talk to him. Maybe it was for a certain reason. But what kind of mother keeps her own daughter from her grandfather?

Now he will never be a part of my life, yet he already was in a huge way. I stole a few pictures of him and in those pictures be never looked happy, he always looked sad, except in one when he was sleeping.

Every night I cry about him staring at his photos, I even drank booze because I was so mad. A man I never knew. Though I wish I did.

Proud of you said...
I am so proud of you.  You have really put yourself out there.  You are a insperation to me and others you have talked to about. Even though you told me about this Yesterday.  Yet I feel like I have gotten to know you so much better.  I know how you feel.  The same thing happened to me just a little bit different than your story. Don't worry I will tell you more at school.  I bet he is watching over you right now.  I will pray for him.  And really great jo... (more »)