Taking Skill For Granted | Teen Ink

Taking Skill For Granted

By somms21 BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
somms21 BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

People often take a certain skill they have for granted. They do not appreciate what they have. For instance, I have had many teammates who have taken their skill for granted. Some people are born with talent and their skills come naturally, like my teammate. Other people will work very hard to be as good as those who are born with the talent that they aim for. Many of those people who have that natural talent feel that they don’t need to work hard. They feel they are the best and no one can compare to their skills. They feel that they can do whatever, whenever just because the already have all the talent they need in their eyes. These people need to start appreciating their talent, be proud of it and constantly work hard to increase what they have. This will come with extra practice and extra effort put into their game. They can’t just do the bare minimum, because somewhere there’s going to be someone with equal talent, but working harder. They need to test their limits and push themselves and never settle for the skill they are at. No one is perfect there is always room for improvement. With this extra practice and hard work they will become to love and appreciate their gift.

somms21 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 28 2010 at 11:37 am
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
dis article be the shizznit