morals | Teen Ink

morals

March 11, 2010
By Rodney Calhoun BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
Rodney Calhoun BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Kids, people, and teens Morals and standards have been a lot lower in the last few years than it has from about 50 years ago and it has been really bothering me. I will give you the basic three things that bother me. The first one that really bothers me is people’s respect for other people, other people’s things and themselves. Another one is lying/cheating. And my last one is adults’ example.

So the first one, disrespecting other people, I really dislike it when this happens. At school I see people all the time, putting them down and making them feel bad. I really don’t understand what this accomplishes. First of all they completely ruin or make the other person feel really bad even if they don’t show it, plus it just make them look really dumb and arrogant. But for some reason they think it makes them look really cool or something. Cussing is the same way. It puts people down plus it just sounds bad and the kids that don’t cuss have to listen to it and it gets into their head and there isn’t much they can do about it. Do you think it is right what these kids have to go through? It is really messed up when kids or people disrespect other people’s things. For an example I see kids at school ruining and breaking other kids stuff. It is as if they think they are cool or trying to show their “cool” friends how “cool” they are. But the truth, they are just being jerks and bullies to whoever’s things they are. Do you see anything cool in that? So if you can’t respect other people’s things how are you suppose to respect yourself? For instance I see people all the time with tattoos. They are so terrible. Especially for teens. First of all that is not the way god made you. Also people will always judge you when they see them and take you differently. But for teens if they get one they are going to have to have it for the rest of their life so if they want to get rid of it 5 years later they can’t. I went to Google and it said that 30% of teen do drugs in America and about 67% have tried them. Drugs are just about the dumbest thing ever invented. Basically how is see it is paying to mess your body up and 30% of teens in America are doing these things.

Cheating is probably one of the dumbest things you can do and I see it happening all the time at school. First of all it is the wrong thing to do because cheating is wrong and dishonest. Second you don’t learn what you suppose to from whatever you’re cheating off of. And lying is just very irritating because you never want to trust the person again. Even if they are telling the truth, you can’t trust them because you don’t know what they are going to do.

But the most disappointing out of the three is parents’ bad example. Parents are what kids and teens look up to. Usually if I see my parents doing something I think It is okay because they have taught me what to do my entire life. And this I probably why kids drink and smoke and do other kinds of drugs and they see their parents doing it so when they do it, it make them feel more grown up. And it is the same way with cussing. They here their parents cussing and maybe that’s why they do it. It make them feel older and that is a good feeling to them. But adults need to make a better effort not to do those things so kids can have a better example.



Some times I wonder what the world would be like if there was more respect, not cheating or lying and adults lead good examples. Would there be any fight or wars anymore? Would we need police anymore? Probably not.