Something small can make all the difference | Teen Ink

Something small can make all the difference

By mandapanda2 PLATINUM, Preston Hollow, New York
mandapanda2 PLATINUM, Preston Hollow, New York

There are so many ways to help people. Giving life is one of them. Blood donations are an easy, and mindless thing to do. Just by donating one pint of blood, you can save up to three lives. It's an amazing feeling to know you could have saved someones life by doing something so simple.

One out of every five people chose to donate their blood to American Red Cross. Many of these people only donate once. The supply is always in need. Many don't do it because they say no one has asked them.

One might never know when they might need blood themselves. Most people don't think about it. It's an easy thing to do, and it takes a small amount of your time. The time is worth it. The majority of people feel fine afterward.

Some people are not eligable to donate for various reasons such as blood problems, age, etc. Thats O.K. But the people who want to and do donate are appreciated.

I wrote this because i'm a blood donor, and I believe strongly about this. I do it because at one time my grandmother needed blood. It made me realize what a difference something so small can make.