Body Image | Teen Ink

Body Image

By Jag16899 BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico
Jag16899 BRONZE, Los Lunas, New Mexico

Body image? What does it mean? Body image is how you feel about yourself, it can lower a person’s self-esteem. Many people can relate to this topic. Some teens and adults have a negative body image, feels shame and anxiety about his or her body. With being unhappy with your body it can affect how you think and feel about yourself as a person. But with a positive or healthy body image, a person has a real perception of his or her size and shape. They also feels comfortable with their body. Now days teens want to be the next Barbie but thing on TV. and in magazines are not true they have professional photographer that edit the picture. Many people don’t know that.

If you take a look at me I’m small and skinny. Many teens come up to me and ask me how do you stay skinny. I say I don’t know really. But when I go to the doctors they tell me I’m underweight and I need to grow. I know I have a high metabolisms. I always have. My mom tells me be happy with what you got. Yeah some people might not be that girl on TV. I always say god made you who you are, your lucky to be alive. Some people think they need to change how they look or act to feel good about themselves. But actually all you need to do is change the way you see your body and how you think about yourself.

Love yourself in side and out. People shouldn’t look at you and judge you for what you look like. They should be your friend for your personality. Some people I know look for friends that aren’t worried about what they look like. They don’t want to be the person to just sit and wait till the person is done looking for what they don’t like about themselves. But my point of write this essay is to write my opinion of what they shouldn’t be worrying about when they are only 7,9,8,10. Wait until your old and gray. Then when you look back you can say wow I was pretty and look at me now.

kota13 said...
on Nov. 8 2010 at 11:19 am
i totally agree with you!i also have a high metabolism.but im not very atteractive. i have been made fun of and i have gotten so depressed that i didn't eat. but i got help and i am better now. thanks so much for writing this article. it was people like you that helped me get threw and past the perfect body image.