What Freedom Means to Me

These days, people take for granted what our ancestors worked so hard to provide for us. They had great perseverance along with a single goal in mind. Their goal was to bring America freedom at last. Freedom can mean so many different things to many different people. We are all different, so the term “freedom” means something different to all of us living in America. To me, freedom means a sense of hope, commitment, and pride. When I read in school about how America came to be a free land, I always feel proud and amazed at how the many leaders, soldiers, and families from the past brought freedom to us, and I also feel hope for America’s future that it will keep its freedom and remain the land of the free for generations and generations to come.

The freedom that we have today, also reminds me of the places where freedom does not exist yet. There are many countries where the people living in them hear about our freedom, but yet, they cannot experience it for themselves. We can only hope for those people right now, and dream of a world that’s free. I believe that everyone should be able to experience and live in a free nation at some point in their life. From free speech and free religion, to free press and voting rights, freedom to me always shows the opportunity of America to get better, and that’s what freedom really is.

shilohmymainhorse said...
Sep. 15 at 2:56 pm
@eRiCa1304 i have to write a essay for a school contest im in 7 th grade an im lookin for some info to help me write an this helped alot
Bhargav said...
Aug. 12 at 11:22 am
Freedom is the ability to make decisions on our own. But for me freedom means to learn from my mistakes and also do all the things that I only desire. Freedom to me is to feel safe, confident and comfortable in a good democratic country like ours in India . This does not mean that we are totally free from our responsibilities laid on us, but this freedom has it’s own limits. Freedom also means to be able to do many things without being forced. The meaning of freedom can differ from different... (more »)
StacyA33 replied...
Sep. 19 at 10:31 pm
Beautifully written. I loved reading about your experience.
Denisey replied...
today at 10:02 pm
I like zebras they are my favorite animal the same reason.
EvangelinaRoss29 said...
That's cool that we are able to take the mortgage loans and that opens completely new chances.
Helena D. said...
very interesting thanks
basketball22 said...
i am in 8th grade and i'm doing the FRA contest for what freedom of speech means to me, i am looking online for ideas and found yours to be the best!!!
eRiCa1304 replied...
thanks so much! good luck! :)
Jazzie j replied...
Sep. 2 at 7:22 pm
Me too! I have looked everywhere and couldn't find a single thing until I came here! Thanks so much!
*ads96* said...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 8:59 am truly roxx!
Awesomeness!!!! said...
i thought it was good
eRiCa1304 replied...
thanksss :D
naomy +pepter 10 replied...
i love when she wrote we can onley hope for those people right now and dream of a world that's free.....<3love hope peace swag