An event that helped my understanding of the world. | Teen Ink

An event that helped my understanding of the world.

By Mel7145594 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois
Mel7145594 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois

To be honest, I can't pick just one event, because everything has impacted me in one way or another. Like all the suffering, the joy, anger, or even depression. No, my life isn't perfect, no one's is. I have constant battles with my family, and even myself. There are people who can't accept me for who I am, and they never will. That's alright; however, I don't need anyone around that doesn't want me around. I get pushed, shoved even, like I'm some kind of outsider. Then again, I am an outsider. I see people every day, losing their jobs, fighting, getting pushed around for being who they are. Or, in some people's eyes, "living wrong", because they dress a certain way, or their personal sexuality, maybe even over ignorant things. For example, not smiling at someone, or just because you smiled at someone. There are people leaving this country to help those in need, and yet, there in the wrong. They possibly go overseas to die for us, and their being called the murders. It takes a lot everyday to go on through this world, and make it out alive. Every day you wake up, and open your eyes, you should be happy. So what if I'm not? Is that bad? I guess it's what you see me as, or even how you think I am. If you want to make assumptions, you might as well read this, get to know me.

Although, this world is, "different", I guess you could say I'm thankful. Not for all the good days, but the bad. Sure, that sound's odd, but in my opinion, that is what this sphere is built on. If it weren't for all the bad, then there really isn't good. What is the real definition of bad anyway? The answer is, we don't know. The reason being is because we can't really say what anything is. Due to the fact of, we as humans might have misinterpreted everything from the very start. So the "bad" thing's, I assume, teach you how to handle the real world. They even help form the being you were created to be, and can tell you more of the "truth" in a way unimaginable.

This world, we call Earth, is beautiful in every way. Even though the tears, deaths, and everything else to go along with it. The chaos only helps us realize, what is taken for granted. Given, the circumstances of some people lives’, everyone has a different outlook.

This is my opinion, or personal reasoning for how I understand the world.