Modern Everyday Technology

People say that modern everyday technology is a big deal. Every time something is updated, the new is the best. Now, I’m not all that impressed with what they come up with to be honest. There are a lot of things that aren’t really necessary. One of them, in my opinion, is the iPad.
Now, I know what you might say. That it’s some sort of break through in technology that could change the world and all that jazz. To me though, when I saw a video on it, it seemed very similar to the iPhone. Honestly, it was almost exactly alike. An iPad could do many of the same things and iPhone could do. If not, you could have updated the iPhone to that instead of coming out with a whole new product.
I should say right now that I’m no technology expert, but to me, I really feel like there isn’t that much to say about modern technology. They make new cars that make little difference in gas intak, they make cell phones that almost copy the last one, and the only thing that seems to ever change is the iPod to me. Even now, though, they haven’t done anything with that for a while.
So many things in modern life seem to be fresh and new and convenient. I feel that the iPad is just an oversized iPhone. I feel that all Blackberry’s are alike. I also feel that even though every little bit helps, the difference isn’t quite enough for a difference. I believe we can start making a difference in our technology, but only if we give it more time to research and develop.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

person123 said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:40 am:
Very true. This is especially important when considering things like the environment: manufacturers should be trying to really improve gas intake and carbon footprints, but instead they keep churning out near exact replica's with an updated advertising campaign.