Safe Driving | Teen Ink

Safe Driving

February 2, 2010
By YenaYun SILVER, Bellingham, Washington
YenaYun SILVER, Bellingham, Washington
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am thankful that I have gas. -Ellen Degeneres


I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for safe driving.

Two years ago, an international student was walking along the sidewalk to WWU when he was hit by a car. The student happened to be walking in his first night in America. The student had just finished calling his parents to say that he arrived safely. Unfortunately, at the same time, a drunken woman was carelessly driving along the same road. It came as a gloomy awakening to see an innocent man die because of unsafe driving.

Now, our society has still failed to improve. Every day, I notice that there are more and more rough drives on the road. People are always in a hurry. They have to get somewhere first; they are always out of time. Actually, driving a little faster doesn’t even make much of a difference. It’s time to make our environment a little more safe, safe for further generations.

It would be fatal for us to do simply nothing about our society. It is becoming dangerous for us to get from point A to point B. You never know if it’s going to be you or your family who’s going to end up dead before you know it. The world is falling apart, and we need to save the world by driving a little safer. Thousands of people die every year because of car accidents, and if we don’t stop this now, it’s never going to get any better. So let us not wallow in the valley of doom. Let us rise from doubt, and know that driving safely is the key to a happier world. It’s now or never. What will you choose?