Career Transition | Teen Ink

Career Transition

January 25, 2010
By JesseK. BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
JesseK. BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
When I first saw you, I was afraid to met you. When I first met you, I was afraid to kiss you. When I first kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I'm afraid to loose you.


A man once in the grocery business that he hated, going to a show ticket sales manager and high expectations. Early in Scott’s life, he worked at Albertson’s for $18/hr, now he work as a show ticket sales manager for $4/hr plus commission. This is his story on career transition.

Just another day goes by, doing the same old thing, stacking soup cans on shelves. Tonight was Jeff’s (a friend of Scott) birthday party. Tonight is the night everyone was waiting for over a week. Everyone was in Jeff’s house mingling and having fun while Scott and Jeff were in the garage talking.

“Do you like you job, Jeff?” asked Scott

“I love my job!” Jeff exclaimed.

“What do you do?”

“I sell fun; show tickets and tours.”

“I put soup on a shelf”

Jess continued on how much fun it is to be a show ticket sales manager. Jeff talked to his boss to get Scott a job. The boss said yes, and interviewed him the next morning. The interview went well, and Scott was immediately hired to start training to sell shows and ours. Scott had finally found his calling and I job that he had loved.

Through this career transition it almost lead to divorce. He and his wife never got to see each other with Scott working late nights. His advice to career transition is to never give up, failure is never an option, and if you in look for a job find a job you love and enjoy.