My Rooftop | Teen Ink

My Rooftop

January 21, 2010
By LcplShannon PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
LcplShannon PLATINUM, Chicago, Illinois
23 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
NEVER GIVE UP YOUR DREAM. IT WONT COME TO YOU. YOU GOT TO GO GET IT


Sitting on top of my rooftop at night, I found myself relaxed, surprised, and amazed by the view of downtown and my neighborhood looked. Sitting on my rooftop, I saw the city at night right in front of me. The lights were so bright and dazzling different colors. All glowing, towers reached the sky like Tokyo having a 4th of July. The city lit up of glitter and shine: with the lights flashing from building and the cars passing by. Looking up in the sky, I see the night’s stars. The moon is so bright its fire itself. The sky is as bright as fireworks blowing up in the sky. Clouds puffy and white, like cotton candy from the carnival tossed in the sky. Behind me, it is so quiet and relaxing, as I see empty streets and clear sidewalks. Light from every window so show families relaxed. As I sit in peace looking at the relaxing sight. It’s like starring at a church so relaxing and peaceful. To my left, there is a big factory. Nice and bright like a castle by the sun. Relaxed and amazed I stood upon the roof until I finally was caught. Then my amazement and relaxation ended.


The author's comments:
It's about my relaxation spot