Thoughts On Bill Clinton | Teen Ink

Thoughts On Bill Clinton MAG

I can't believe all that is going on with Bill Clinton. Last time I checked, people were innocent until proven guilty. If this is true, I don't understand why he is being condemned for something he may or may not have done. Even if he did have an affair, it happens all the time and the public usually doesn't find out. I'm not condoning affairs, I thing that marriage vows should mean more than words and that infidelity is wrong and hurtful, nevertheless it happens quite often.

People make mistakes, no matter how extreme, for which they are often sorry. This may or may not be the case with Mr. C., but I feel that the only person qualified to make that judgment is his wife. Some say that having an affair shows the public he has bad morals. First of all, we're not sure that he did have an affair; and secondly, I don't see how the Clintons' love life has anything to do with his candidacy. The fact that Magic Johnson slept around a little more than he should have doesn't take away from the great person he is. On the same note, Bill Clinton should not be judged on the basis of his sexual partners.

I see that cheating on a spouse is wrong, and that it is a bad judgment call. I don't see how that affects the public in any way. I am not old enough to vote, and if I were, I cannot say that I would check off the box next to Clinton's name. I simply do not feel that one's personal life should be the talk of every TV and radio show, because that's exactly what it should be , personal. Regardless of who wins the election, I hope people will be able to overlook what did or did not happen, and vote for the candidate because of what they know and not what they heard through the grapevine. n