The Uneventful | Teen Ink

The Uneventful

January 12, 2010
By Anonymous

Randy Brown is 42 years old, father of two sons and owner of 3 dogs; he lives with his family in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Randy hasn’t lived an eventful life when he was 10 years old and found his lost dog lying on the front porch he called it, “One of the best feelings I ever had.”

When asked what other moments stood out in your life he replied, “Well getting married, graduating college, having two sons, I guess just the typical stuff an average person goes through in life. “

That’s it? No other moments stand out in your life that have changed you making you a better or worse person? When asked to tell a story about his life he went back 30 years. “I’m defiantly not the most interesting person but I have a great life with a great family and that’s all that matters.”

“It’s not like I haven’t done anything exciting in my life, it’s just that there is only a handful of very exciting moments in my life.” Some of the things Randy mentioned that he enjoyed in life was when he and a group of his college roommates road tripped to Atlantic City and he won over $500. Another event was when he got suspended two days from high school but he wouldn’t explain why he was suspended.

Hearing stories like these make you question how boring Randy actually is and maybe he just keeps things to himself and doesn’t know how to share himself with others. When you drive from Tennessee to Atlantic City with little money and a group of your college roommates you are bound to have story but he never went more in depth with the story saying, “That’s about it, drove up to Atlantic City, played some blackjack and celebrated the winnings by spending it at the bars.”

Randy may seem like he is a boring unexciting person but if you get to know him you might find that he is more exciting than he seems and presents himself to be.