Viagra Ad | Teen Ink

Viagra Ad

January 12, 2010
By Anonymous

This ad was created by Viagra to help sell erectile dysfunction tablets. The ad targets men, over40 years. The ad consists of an older man with graying hair and his wife who seems to be his age or younger. The ad presents a luxurious life style because the couple is skiing in the mountains and their cabin is at the bottom of the mountain. The mountain can be seen through the window in the background. The woman is also wearing pearl earrings. The tool of persuasion be used is leadership because the man has confidence that now they don’t have plans for the day that he and the woman he is with will have sex. The ad is also using nostalgia by putting the man and the woman in a cabin at the bottom of a mountain.

The man is on the phone with the ski hill that tells him that the mountain is closed. The bad news about this is the mountain is closed and the can no longer ski. The good news is the mountain is closed so the couple can stay in their cabin and use the Viagra tablets. When the man gets the news about the mountain being closed he smiles and looks towards his assumed wife and smiles. She understands the situation and smiles back at him.

The ad is one page. Only one third of the page is used to advertise Viagra while the other two thirds lists side effects and risks of taking Viagra. These side effects include headache, facial flushing, upset stomach, blurred vision and being sensitive to light. This is bad because why would you buy a product when the majority of the advertisement is telling you about risks and symptoms you can get when using their product? An advertisement should try to attract you to buy their product not scare you away from buying their product.