Counting Your Carbs | Teen Ink

Counting Your Carbs

By Brunette18 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Brunette18 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

When is dieting going to stop? Grocery stores have “carb aware, “carb fit”, or “low-carb lifestyle” products. Do these low-carb products work? No, because they cause health consequences. Artery-clogging, cardiovascular disease, kidney and heart problems are all that can occur. Carbohydrates known as “carbs,” cause a fast increase in blood glucose levels. I have experienced eating “junk food” makes me happy when I’m in a horrible mood. Two hours later, you will see me on the couch, sleeping. Carbs make me exhausted. They can decrease your diet. Carbs make you feel hyper at first, but later feeling sleepy.
According to Amanda Schaffer’s article, “A Carb Is a Carb Is a Carb,” Reduced carb diets are naturally calorie-limiting. People eat less because it makes them feel happy about themselves. They look in a mirror and say, “I look great!” Trying to eat the precise foods aggravates people who want to eat carbs all the time. Exercising and counting calories is a daily routine for people to keep up with their diets.
Restaurants such as, T.G.I. Friday’s, Bennigan’s, and Ruby Tuesday encourages dieting. If you go to Ruby Tuesday and order a low-carb steak fajita, you’re eating about 1,000 calories, which is half the calories of an adult’s daily calorie intake. This is gruesome for your body because it’s not getting the nutrition it needs. Therefore, eating food from the food pyramid will make you healthy and keep your tummy satisfied.
Amanda Schaffer states: eating maltitol can increase the amount of glucose in your bloodstream; it can raise your blood sugar. Diabetics have discovered this. People with diabetes should consider being on a low-carb diet; it benefits their lives. This prevents large fluctuations in their blood sugar and increases their sensitivity to insulin. Seeing people with diabetes suffer to survive. Still to this day, I see diabetics take insulin and insert it into their bodies. Diabetics will die if they aren’t treated and aren’t on a low-carb diet.