Kyles Korner 2 | Teen Ink

Kyles Korner 2

January 11, 2010
By Kyle101 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Kyle101 SILVER, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
S*** happens


Welcome back to the korner.
In this edition I will be discussing, of course, opening day of bow season and touching on my first posed topic, homecoming.
First, obviously, I’ll be conferring about opening day of bow season. Unexpected to start with a boom, the season lived up to its expectations. Movement was slow and few hunters experienced success; however, this does not come as a surprise. As the heat climbed through the weekend, the deer hunkered down and restricted their movement to the middle of the night, and for most hunters this meant active trial cams.
As for me, in one night, my cam collected a total of 36 pictures; the majorities were doe with a few small spikes sprinkled in. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, the temperature will begin to cool down and things will heat up around the stands.
Shifting topics, homecoming is on its way, which, for me, means yet another long ride to a sit-down restaurant with a fat bill waiting at the end. After a few slow dances, and at least two circles around someone who thinks they can dance, it’s all over. Wow, wasn’t that fun?
Oh, and let me add the part about everything else. Doesn’t a short walk through a hall decorated in superman crap sound exciting? I mean I don’t know about you, but I’m sure looking forward to that 30 second simulation of flying, as the hallway is obviously going be clouds and buildings. Yeah, what a mind reader I am.
And as soon as you’re grounded, you’ll be brought back to reality by a horde of Facebook album creators. Don’t be surprised when you’re bombarded for “selfies.” Now, the real fun begins.
Following all the “let’s take a pic!” hype, comes roughly three hours in a sauna of a gym and several uncomfortable moments involving touching a member of the same sex’s behind. And guess what? That’s as good as it gets.
The best you can do after showering in your sweat is cross fingers and hope for a “killer” after party. So let’s all have fun this homecoming and pray for at least one good new profile picture.
As for bow hunting hopefully the approaching low temperatures will get the deer up and moving. And, with any luck, arrows will begin to fly.


Aim low and to the right,