A Photograph in Time | Teen Ink

A Photograph in Time

By WFboy BRONZE, West Frankfort, Illinois
WFboy BRONZE, West Frankfort, Illinois

"Wishing to be someone else is a perfectly good waste of you."-Kurt Cobain

Do you recall when we were young? How about your first brush with death? No matter what it is. No matter what we say. The firsts in our life matter more than we know at that point in time. I was looking at some photos with my mother the other day and just the memory of “we were there” took me back to a time when I didn’t have to think about what tomorrow would bring, I just thought about the moment. We came to a photo of my father before I was born, and he was in his uniform, his Army uniform. I looked over at my mother to see a tear in her eye. She had tried to clear her throat and when she finally did, this is what she muttered out. “God, times sure do fly. Believe me take it in, don’t waste a minute.”

Guys and girls I say to you lets not let time beat us. Give today all you have and just chase what you lost yesterday. Call me a dreamer, or a hopeless romantic, because I see a world that we all control and a world that we all have a meaning in. Since that faithful day I saw my mother’s tear, I have lived my life in the moment and hopefully the moment hasn’t flew by as fast as a wink.

I know, I know. Why is this sunifficent to anything? Well, believe me it may not be important to you, but it was important to my mother, my father, and I promise you it is very important to me. In my own words. “A man that waits for tomorrow, never sees his today.”

This piece is to warn the youth to enjoy life, before its way too late.