My Perfect World | Teen Ink

My Perfect World

By katiegoesbang BRONZE, London, Other
katiegoesbang BRONZE, London, Other

"If you want to exist, you have to be pretty. You have to be thin. Everyone else is wallpaper."

In my perfect world, everyone is kind. Any girl who has ever snubbed another will come to the realisation that life is too precious to waste it with snide comments. Everyone who has every taken advantage of their beauty, will descend from their high horse and hold hands with those of our level. The words "fat" and "ugly" do not exist.

In my perfect world, cancer is an illusion. Diabetics can eat all the chocolate they like without endangering themselves, the mentally ill will clear their minds, and Alzheimers sufferers will recognise their friends and kin. No family will have to hold the hand of a loved one as they slip away. No one will come home to bad news. And no one will have to be the one to deliver it.

In my perfect world, there are no armies, because there is no war. Every disagreement is settled by compromise, and when compromise is impossible, then equality comes close behind. There is no weaponry, there is no navy, and there is no cavalry. No one will die painfully. No one will die young. No one will die at the hands of another. There will be no racism, no antisemitism, and no discrimination. Everyone will be loved.

In my perfect world, my parents still love one another. My grandmother knows who I am, and Gary will get to see his sons grow up.

In my perfect world, there are no detentions. There are no break-ups. There is no prison. Because there are no rules. Everyone just knows how to act. No one speaks too loudly, and no one shouts except in joy. Money does not exist, but everyone shares what they have, and do not expect anything in return.

In my perfect world, I have green eyes. My hair is ruby red, and long, and it behaves itself. I am three years older, and I am in love. I know what I want and I never get writer's block. My skin is paler, I am slightly taller, and I am slimmer. I have smaller teeth, and they always stay white no matter what. I don't need a retainer, my fingernails never grow, and I can whistle.

In my perfect world, it is always early spring. There is more grass than pavement, and there are no cars. Ice cream is free, lollipops are everywhere, and the sky is blue all the time, with only a few clouds that have interesting shapes. It rains often, but the grass is never muddy afterwards. There are swing sets all over the place, and waterslides are free.

In my perfect world, everyone falls in love.

I wrote this in November 2008, as part of a Religious Studies project. After I read it out to the class, my teacher actually gawked at me :)

on Apr. 26 2016 at 4:43 am
It's gud

on Feb. 28 2015 at 9:38 am
Thank you ....It is wonderful..

juhi said...
on May. 19 2014 at 1:36 am
its good, but if there are no sorrows how anyone will realize the value of happiness.......... and thanks for this essay, it became easier for me to do my homework............

on May. 16 2014 at 9:47 am
This is wonderful!

grace1999 said...
If only we could have our own "perfect world" 

Amy Rashid said...
on Nov. 15 2012 at 7:21 am
thanks for doing my homework :) essay is good