Waiting | Teen Ink

Waiting

December 11, 2009
By #21_<3softball!!! BRONZE, Princeton, Illinois
#21_<3softball!!! BRONZE, Princeton, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
A house divided against itself cannot stand


Once Upon a Time


Just to let you know, this paper will not start with ‘Once Upon a Time’. That is the worst quote ever to be said or written down on paper. Why trick someone into believing that life could be perfect? Why waist their time? It may seem harmless, but that can scar a person for life; that kid was me.

Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, ECT! These are your typical fairytale stories. They usually begin with ‘Once Upon a Time’. They also usually end with ‘And they all lived happily ever after’! Wow, correct me if I’m wrong, but that is very misleading! Sure, it’s good for kids to have an imagination, but too much of it could lead to a lot of disappointment. I may not be very old or very wise, but I think I’ve lived upon this earth long enough to tell that nothing ends in ‘happily ever after’; ever!

Next time you think about reading a fairytale, don’t get too excited. You will be disappointed!

The author's comments:
I like this piece because I believe that it is true! I'm not a very deep person, though I try to be sometimes, but I think this piece it right between inocent and deep.