Waiting

Once Upon a Time

Just to let you know, this paper will not start with ‘Once Upon a Time’. That is the worst quote ever to be said or written down on paper. Why trick someone into believing that life could be perfect? Why waist their time? It may seem harmless, but that can scar a person for life; that kid was me.

Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, ECT! These are your typical fairytale stories. They usually begin with ‘Once Upon a Time’. They also usually end with ‘And they all lived happily ever after’! Wow, correct me if I’m wrong, but that is very misleading! Sure, it’s good for kids to have an imagination, but too much of it could lead to a lot of disappointment. I may not be very old or very wise, but I think I’ve lived upon this earth long enough to tell that nothing ends in ‘happily ever after’; ever!

Next time you think about reading a fairytale, don’t get too excited. You will be disappointed!

Blue4 said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 11:18 am

You have a good point.

The article was very well written, it flows nicely, and your special voice can be heard throughout the piece.

By the way, can you look at some of my stories, rate, and critisize? I'd appreciate it.