My Perfect Getaway | Teen Ink

My Perfect Getaway

By melisgayx3 BRONZE, Commack, New York
melisgayx3 BRONZE, Commack, New York

Have you ever been in a situation where you want to just get away by the push of a button? What if the escape button on your computer actually let you escape? Well, if I was ever in an uncomfortable, pressuring, awkward, or stressed out situation, I would most definitely escape to my beach house in Salisbury, Massachusetts.
If I ever was in a situation where I wanted to press a button and just escape I would probably be in aggravating and, or anxious situation. Therefore, I would easily want to escape to my beach house in Salisbury, Massachusetts. In Salisbury, I have a house that lies right on the beach. From the balcony window from my bedroom, I can see perfect view of the ocean and the grains of sand. My family and I go to the beach house for about either one or two weeks in the summer. We all go for family time and vacation but for me, the beach house is just a getaway from all the drama and tension back at home with friends. The beach isn’t a crowded or loud beach. When you wake up early, the suns always shining, you look out the window and you see a couple people just lying down on the sand. During the whole day, I stay on the beach the entire time. I can eat, drink, sleep, and just relax there. When the day is over, every night, I take walks with my little cousins on the sand, and collect shells and cool bits and pieces we find on the beach. When I get tired, all I have to do is go upstairs in my bed and leave the balcony doors a little open and all I would hear are waves crashing and booming on the sand. The noise helps me think about everything with no worries. Salisbury beach is my perfect getaway to release stress. If I could ever press a button and get away, I would choose Salisbury with no hesitation.

I was inspired to write this piece when i realized how important it is to feel comfortable at a specific place where you can just get away.