People are all the same | Teen Ink

People are all the same

By poetize PLATINUM, Riverside, Connecticut
poetize PLATINUM, Riverside, Connecticut

-"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on earth" - Mark Twain
-"Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end!" - Unknown

People are all the same. I'm not going to say that I'm different and I'm not going to say that you're different. Because it's not true. You and I have feelings. You and I cry, you and I laugh. You and I smile, you and I frown. You and I are happy. You and I get sad, you and I get mad and you and I get confused.

People are all alike. We go through relationships, break ups and make ups. We have friends who are there for us and family we love. We lose friends, we make friends. We meet new people, we say hello and we say goodbye. We go through love and we go through heartache. We get hurt, we get cured. We judge and we get judged. We go through hard times, we go through easy times.

People aren’t so different from one another. We all go through drama, whether or not we like it. We all fight, we all yell, we all scream. We all make a scene. We all make up lies, we all catch those lies. We get in trouble, we hide from trouble. We cause trouble and we see trouble. We all go through a state if depression, of anger, confusion. We all see the pain. We all see the suffering. We go through that pain, we all do suffer.

People are all similar. We get butterflies, we blush when we see the one we like, we get anxious. We breakdown, we make a comeback. We all change, we all develop. We say things we don’t mean, we make promises we can’t keep. We make mistakes, we fix them. We are immature, we are mature. We do good and we do back. We are only humans….

If you think about it, People are all the same.

I was in detention (hehe) one day and i was thinking about this guy. and he had told me "Becca don't worry about it. I'm different then most guys. I won't hurt you" and i was thinking... no. its not true.. because he hurt me anyway so that makes him different. And what makes him so special? all of the guys i've known say that they are different. And in their own ways they are. But if you think about, we are all the same. So i started writing.

People aren't as different as we all think. Everyone goes through crap and no one likes it. Everyone goes through something that at least ONE other person can relate to.

So i thought about it and after a minute or two, i had to start writing.. If people are all different... then why don't they act like it? Everyone seems the same to me... but then again.. this is just my opinion.

ok i had two typos "We go through a state *OF* depression" and "We do good and we do *BAD*"