Make Love, Not War | Teen Ink

Make Love, Not War

By Austin Kilgore SILVER, Midlothian, Virginia
Austin Kilgore SILVER, Midlothian, Virginia

“Make love not war, I know you’ve heard it before…” said John Lennon in this famous song. What happen to this? Why haven’t some of us heard it before? It feels like there’s more fighting and killing than love and peace. Money it seems has become more important than people’s lives. This stuff we’re fighting over just isn’t worth the fighting, the killing. Nobody deserves to die, no matter what the circumstances. Looking at the hurt in this world just kills me. Little kids crying and dying. Babies even, are being hurt by this. Human perspectives of life aren’t changing. I mean I’m not one to tell someone how to live your life, but what happen to a brotherhood of man? What happen to our differences bringing us together? We’re teaching hate at a young age, not remembering that the heart leads us, not our minds or our looks. We need to believe in our own hearts, be our own person. These dreams shouldn’t die with their dreamers. We need to spread the message, keep this fire alive.

I wrote this after and during this famous song.

Godmother said...
Austin is totally correct. We need to think about getting along in this world. There's too much war, too much killing, and just too much discord in general.